Open call for refugee and migrant musicians[Castellano] [Arabic] [Italian]
Soundroutes. Casting call for professional refugee and migrant musicians.
“SoundRoutes. Notes to get closer” is a project promoted by Marmaduke, a music agency based in Seville (Spain) in cooperation with the Italian NGO Un Ponte Per…, the Bologna Jazz Festival, Scuola Popolare di Musica Ivan Illich (Italy), the Berliner Werkstatt der Kulturen, and Vzw De Vergunning cultural association (Belgium).
One of the main objectives of the project is to produce an original, musical body of work performed by a music ensemble consisting of professional artists with migratory background together with local artists. The creative work of the ensemble will be showcased at the Bologna Jazz Festival, Italy, at the WERKSTATT DER KULTUREN in Berlin, in Seville in Spain, Ghent in Belgium and many other European cities
The SoundRoutes project is looking for three professional musicians with refugee and migrant background who fulfil the following requirements:
- Proven career and track record as a professional musician
- Living in Europe for at least five years
- Good knowledge of any kind of traditional and standard musical instruments
- Good skills of improvisation
- Versatility and adaptability to different music genres.
The selected musicians will:
- Be awarded with 5000 Euro before tax to actively participate in the creative process
- Perform with well-known European professional musicians
- Perform at the Bologna Jazz Festival and at WERKSTATT DER KULTUREN in Berlin
- Incurred costs will be reimbursed (travel, food and lodging)
Interested candidates please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide the following documents and material by the 15th of August 2017:
- Application form
- Detailed CV
- At least 15 minutes of video material.
All the candidates, even if not selected to join the ensemble, will have the opportunity to promote their music through the ‘Virtual Booking Agency’, which is part of the SoundRoutes project which will operate from October 2017. The purpose of the agency is to promote music projects and works of migrants and refugees at European level in order to increase their visibility and career opportunities.