Open call for refugee and migrant musicians[Castellano] [Arabic] [Italian]
Soundroutes. Call for refugee and migrant professional musicians.
“Sound routes. Notes to get closer” is a project promoted by Marmaduke, a music agency based in Seville (Spain) in cooperation with the Italian NGO Un Ponte Per…, the Bologna Jazz Festival, Scuola Popolare di Musica Ivan Illich (Italy), the Berliner Brauerei Wissmannstraße e.V. – Werkstatt der Kulturen, and Vzw De Vergunning cultural association (Belgium).
One of the main activity of the project is the production of an original music work forming a multicultural professional music ensamble. The creative work of the ensamble will be showcased in the framework of the Bologna Jazz Festival, in the Werkstatt der Kulturen in Berlin and possibly in other European cities.
The Soundroutes project is seeking 3 professional musicians with refugee and migrant background fulfilling the following requirements:
- Proven carreer of professional musician
- Living in Europe since less than five years
- Good knowledge of any kind of traditional and standard musical instruments
- Good skills of improvisation
- Versatility and adaptability to different music genres.
The selected musicians will:
- Be awarded of 5000 Euro gross to actively participate to the creative process through two music residencies in Bologna and related remote work.
- Perform with prominent European professional musicians
- Perform in the Bologna Jazz Festival and in Werkstatt der Kulturen in Berlin
- Have all the activity costs reimboursed (travel, food and lodging, concert cachet)
Interested candidates should send to email@example.com the following documents and material by the 15th of August 2017:
- Application form
- Detailed CV
- At least 15 minutes of video material.
All the candidates, even if not selected for joining the ensamble, will have the opportunity to promote their music work through the Virtual Music Agency of the Soundroutes project that will start to operate in October 2017. The aim of the initiative is promoting music projects and works of migrants and refugees at European level in order to increase their visibility and carreer opportunities.